Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just another day!

Well, the end of our season at the Tyler Place is coming to a close! Even though our season is only four months, I am looking forward to the end. The kitchen has changed over the last week. We had some very interesting and fun people working for us. Now that the pattern has changed I feel that I don't know which way is up! Everything has this sort of fuzzy glow, almost dreamlike.

Enough about work, what about the future? All I can say is downtime! I haven't had much of a summer to enjoy personally, so there are an enormous amount of "things" I have to do. I am totally looking forward to waking up at 6:30 and going for a long bike ride, drinking way too much coffee, riding 200+ miles on the motorcycle and enjoying a beautiful dinner, in that order.

Work will take a backseat for a little while. I have a few prospects here in Burlington, but it needs to be the right fit. Within the next year my business will become a reality which will allow me to make the foods I truly enjoy. Who wouldn't want total creative freedom?

Another chapter in my life is rapidly approaching. I pushed 34 off my plate and stuck a fork in 35 today. Some people get very upset by the number change, but everyone advances up the number line. It's just another day! There isn't some great spontaneous wisdom that will befall you. These things are accumulated. I always look back and smile at the choices I made in life without regret while feeling so empowered to take on the future!

~ Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment