Friday, July 23, 2010

The Saga Continues....

This year has been very strange for me. Living arrangements have changed so rapidly that I have a hard time figuring out what to call home. The last time I felt this way was ten years ago when I was living in Park City Utah. I remember meeting my new housemate, extending my hand in friendship, and hearing him say," I don't associate with dreadlock hippies!" What? I drove all the way out here for this? He wouldn't even shake my hand! Even better than that, he was my boss at The Canyons! That was a tough winter. This was also a great learning experience for me. I learned a lot about overcoming the mannerisms of negative people and locations, and transforming them into a positive life experience. After a while I traded in the housemate dilemma and moved into the woods. I loved it! Waking up with the sun in the morning and getting a panoramic view of the Uinta mountain range was unforgettable. Guerilla style living has its benefits. These past thoughts have given me so much positive thinking about my current situation.

While looking for a house, I have been at an Extended Stay battling unruly tourists, drunk bridesmaids, super aggressive children (scary), and Brittany. Brittany is the alcoholic, chain smoking bag lady friend I never had. This was a big change considering that my last four apartments/houses were unbelievably nice. On Monday I move again! This time to an amazing house in Burlington that reminds me of a Hampton retreat. The owner seems like a great person and is such a relaxing soul to talk to. After the year I've had, this is exactly what I needed! This house felt like home before I even walked in. Thinking about it makes me smile.

My year of hurtling through the cosmos is coming to a close. I've learned a lot and have met interesting people along the way. Normal living is on the menu! I can't wait to set up my kitchen and make outrageous food again. I've been thinking about it for so long that I can't figure out what to make! Ahhhhhh! Well, we'll see! Sorry to people who thought that today's post was about food. It was more about food for thought. Anyway, I am so tired that I am surprised this even makes sense. Working 50+ hours and biking 110 miles a week will do that I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment