Saturday, June 19, 2010

Here it is!










Hello everyone! My name is Ian Hommel and this blog is starting to really come around! Well, the summer season is upon us here in Vermont. Everywhere I go there is nothing but the freshest vegetables, local meats, and berries! Sometimes the trip to the farmers market turns into an all day event! Not that that's a bad thing. The beauty of the culture here in Vermont is that all the local farmers love to have chefs stop by and talk about their products. Making new friends and respecting the hands that nurture your food is a very satisfying feeling.
Well, about me.. I have been a chef for seventeen years and have cooked my way across the country and back. I am currently the head morning chef for The Tyler Place in northern Vermont. Before this change I was lead AM chef at The Inn at Shelburne Farms, and worked for Relais and Chateaux for a number of years. Along the way I was everything from a rounds chef to a personal chef. I always love the adventure of the road and finding the freshest ingredients in all of these new venues! Over the years I have really come to appreciate charcuterie. In this day and age it has become a dying art. In this blog I hope to show the adventurous home cook or the aspiring professional the simple elegance of preparing and presenting this realm of the kitchen. Thanks, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment