Sunday, June 27, 2010

Burlington Wine and Food Festival












Yesterday was the first annual Burlington Wine and Food Festival! I have to say that I was pretty excited at the notion of a big tent loaded with local cheese, bread and lots of wine. These types of events are right up my alley! Before getting into the wine, I wanted to sample some of the enormous piles of fresh sliced bread in front of me. The local bakers were out in full force! Klingers, which is a Burlington staple featured their cheddar jalapeno bread. I hovered in front of their table for far too long. It was very good, but I figured I can do better.

Next was August First Bakery and Cafe. They also featured a cheddar jalapeno that blew me away! Klingers? What's that? It had the most unbelievable texture ever! If that wasn't good enough, try their kalamata olive.! It was life changing! Every ingredient was in harmony.
Just by chance I transported a piece of their olive bread to the Willow Creek Farm table. This bread with their feta cheese was an instant match. It doesn't get any better than this! My next day off is this Tuesday. You know where I will be!! Wait!! There's wine too!!!

I worked the tent like a pro! It's impossible to have too many favorites....Right?

I had a great time and saw some old friends in the process. What could be better! I think the wine and food festival was a success for their first year. Can't wait for the next!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment